I am now on my 24th week of pregnancy and still within the second trimester. This is my favorite stage so far since everything seems easy now. Let's have a little pregnancy symptoms check:
- My cravings are over, nausea's gone and sleepiness is also much more manageable now.
- I have regained my agility too since my tummy has already shifted upwards, I can now bend more freely.
- My emotions are more in check too, hormonal dramas are lesser now.
- I had pimples all over my face, chest and back during my first trimester and those are lesser now too, thank goodness!
- I now have that "pregnancy glow" which makes almost all people assume I'm having a baby girl (I hope they're right).
- I don't have stretchmarks yet (fingers crossed they won't ever come).
- I don't have black patches and dark underarms yet.
- I don't have swollen nose, hands and feet yet.
- I think I am gaining more weight than the necessary, blame the holidays!
- I have some signs of "pregnancy brain" or momnesia. This weird forgetfulness is said to be due to surging hormones which affects the neurons. Pregnancy also shuffles what gets your attention. IQ doesn't change but priorities do.
*Other side story, I was able to have a beach get-away early December. Due to my low-lying placenta, I had to take some meds for my baby's safety. Nevertheless, it was a fun escapade with my family. It's our second time in Boracay but this one's very special because we now had 4 additions in our family - my sister-in-law, my nephew, my incoming baby and my incoming niece/nephew.
|Boracay never ceases to be beautiful.|
|Baby Bump at 18 weeks|
*Days before Christmas, my husband was diagnosed with, guess what - German Measles. It's one of the most dreaded illness one can have around pregnant people. It sucked for we had to celebrate Christmas apart. He spent 6 days quarantined in his office barracks. Right after he got his clearance to go home, he decided to have a whole week of vacation just in time for the New Year and our annual family reunion.
|Baby Bump at 23 weeks.|
*Me and my husband celebrated our third year anniversary. Instead of planning some out-of-town getaway, we decided to celebrate it differently this time. Last year, I was able to try out archery with my college friends. It was fun but my weakling body can't stand it. My ever-curious husband wanted to try it too so I thought of treating him a session. He is a natural! His stance is good and he aims good. After that, we just had a hearty dinner with hearty conversations - life's simple pleasures.
|Pigging out: French onion soup, Mexican burger, Beef fajitas and a Brownie.|
*Last week, I was able to attend a wedding as a matron of honor. It was my bff's wedding so leaving me out of the picture is never an option despite of my bulky figure. I was just quite concerned of wearing a flowy gown with high heels for I'm a true-blue klutz and falling or tripping over is a big disaster for my baby. Thankfully, everything went smoothly. It was a beautiful wedding and it's nice to be dolled-up every once in a while.
|It was a lovely wedding!|
*In few days, we will be learning our baby's gender! We want a healthy and complete baby above all, but I'm sure it's not wrong to hope for a particular gender too, right? We are hoping for a baby girl. It may sound shallow but I think they're sweeter and cuter. But baby boy wouldn't disappoint me either, of course.
Those are the stories about me and my little family! I'm nearing the third trimester now and so excited to tackle this yet another new phase. Bring it on!