Saturday, September 3, 2011

My Teenage Dream

Before our highschool graduation, me and my friends were brainstorming what college course we should take. I didn't have any clue. Deep in my mind, I knew what my dream is. It's not a typical fierce, independent-lady-like kind of dream. I know I can take up any course because I wanted to be a housewife. Yep, you heard me right. A housewife.


I ended up taking a very challenging course. I even made my parents proud by passing its licensure exams. I had real jobs with related tasks to my field. I had no fun so I hopped from a job to another one quickly. Yes, we're talking about months, not years. In a span of 4 years, I already had 6 jobs already (and several months of rest). And then I realized, maybe this career is really not for me?


Fast forward to today. I've been staying at home for the past 8 months now. I have some ways to earn online that makes me survive somehow.


Recently, my bf and mother had needed a whole lot of support. My bf had an accident which made him barely mobile and my mom had to be hospitalized due to a condition. My housewife DNA took over and made me oh-so domesticated and caring. I attended to their needs while juggling my online job and household chores. Then it occurred to me. My highschool self must be grinning with pride for her plan is finally at reach. I am exactly a plain housewife now! 


Did it bother me? No. I may be tired, but as cliché as it may sound, I feel fulfilled for the first time in my life. I know I may have to rethink if a baby is on the way, but it's not yet. I am happy now and it works for me. So why not. 

2 comments:

  1. very relate! im on my 5th job now. ECE.
    care to share your homebased job? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah.. bat kaya ganun noh?
    sure, i'll email you =)

    ReplyDelete