Monday, April 25, 2011

A Given Chance

Yesterday, I prayed for a chance. 


It's been a while since I pressed the pause button of my life. I have been a bum for quite some time now, 4 months to be exact. I have done everything to seize the moment. I slept late, woke up late, bummed all day, traveled, shopped, worked out and just about anything my heart desired. 


Until yesterday. I just felt like everything's becoming redundant. I can't do much anymore because of my dwindling savings. I prayed for a chance to change my everyday routine. For something more progressive. I prayed for a job.


I have never  believed in me surviving a corporate life. I always wanted to be my own boss. My ill-fated internet shop proved my passion and ability for business. But then again, it slipped into my hands. I felt like a lost kitten under a pouring rain. Do I really have to go back to employment? I had no choice. It took me 4 long months of contemplating and weighing my options. Until last week, I applied for a position in a prestigious company. I fixed my mind on to it. It's the only company I am eying. 



Last night we went out for a drink and some karaoke sessions. I had too many beers which rendered me hung over and useless this whole day. My phone rang. I was so zombied out that I wanted my boyfriend to answer the call. But then I realized it was an unregistered number. I suddenly came back to my senses and just answered it anyway. It was from the company I was applying to! They scheduled me for an interview tomorrow. It was a very fast answer to my easter wish! I realized that the universe really conspired into giving me this opportunity. I better give my best shot. Wish me luck, journal! =)

I haven't had great relationships with my previous jobs. Note to self: If you were lucky enough to be considered, keep it! Let this cute giraffe convince you to love what you wished for.

2 comments:

  1. whew, sakto. i just resigned! im excited to bum and travel, but at the same time worried because of the bills! hehe

    goodluck girl! go go! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!! i remember, you were considering an online job before diba? ako yung ka-email mo nun. meron nako! pero part time lang. =)

    ReplyDelete