Thursday, June 2, 2011

Goals for the 2nd Half of 2011

It's has been officially 6 months since I took this grand vacation. Now, I am happy to say I am completely rested and up and running again! I know it's already mid year and it's kinda late to make a list of this year's goals but I'm gonna do it anyway. Let's just name it my "2nd half goals" (my 1st half goal is to rest). Without further ado, here it is:
  • Run a Marathon. I hate the fact that's its so "in" nowadays that it may seem like I was just joining the bandwagon. But if you know me well enough, you knew that track and field has been my only sport ever since. I can't play volleyball, basketball, heck I can't even play a freaking badminton - but weirdly, I have competed on odd games like shot put, long jump, 100m dash and 400m run. Well, that was way back in grade school. And now I couldn't even stay on treadmill for an hour. So this goal will test my discipline not only on the marathon itself but also with the trainings before it. Let's prove that this lazy ass hasn't completely taken over me yet. 
  • Do Some Charity Work. Aside from giving away several cellphones, jewelries and 10 units of computers to the needy (aka robbers), I can't recall the last time I did a charitable work. I always have something in mind but I can't seem to execute them. So this time, I really hope this won't be pushed aside for the nth time. Maybe I'll do it on my birthday, or maybe Christmas, or just any random day. All I have to do is find a recipient first.
  • Trek Mt. Pinatubo. I sooo wanted to do this a long time ago. At first, I can't seem to figure out how to do it since I do not have some buddies to join me so travelling in pair would be expensive. And then I saw some legit and affordable tours but suddenly something happened to the crater's lake. Its color changed. The majestic turquoise-colored water became dark blue just when I was about to go there. I asked some people and they said that the color usually comes around. I hope it does soon because I really really wanna go there already. Oh Mt. Pinatubo, you're so near, yet so far! Hey, you scared the shit out of me when I was younger (you know, with all the earthquakes and ashes), the least you can do now is be pretty again!
  • Climb Mt. Pulag. I'm eyeing December for this one. I wanna be well-prepared to experience the zero degrees temp of Luzon! Brrrr.. Just the thought of it excites me!
  • Trip to Puerto Princesa. This is more of a wishful thinking now. I got the plane tickets last year for this trip and booked them in accordance to my boyfriend's schedule. I never thought I may be having a new job now and taking a 3 day leave may be impossible. So let's just see. 
  • Complete atleast 40% of our wedding budget. Yeah, pretty self-explanatory. 
  • Keep a Job for More Than a Year. This goal is good until next year. Whew, toughest goal for me!
**Updated 6/3/2011 I just learned that Mt. Pinatubo's lake is actually back to normal. I'll be there ASAP. I mean it, I've already booked us this coming Saturday. Excited!!

**Updated 6/4/2011 We won't push through, again, for the nth time. Gosh darn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment