Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Some Baby Steps

I haven't had some decent brain rest since our sudden decision of "getting married in 6 months" yesterday. I just keep on thinking and talking and browsing the internet, trying to figure out how am I supposed to do it! I knew sooner or later we'll gonna do it anyway, but it never occurred to me that it will be this soon. 


What's the rush anyway, you may ask? Well, this year is supposed to be my brother's wedding year. But then something came up with his gf's work, so they stalled it until next year. I don't wanna be haunted by a random ghost just because we got married the same year (I'm referring to the Sukob movie, duh!) and I don't want to get married in 2013 just to be safe (13 is malas, right?), so we jumped right in the opportunity. I never knew I was superstitious, but hey, I don't want to risk it.


The date. We're eyeing 27th of December. It's a weekday but within the Christmas vacation so I think guest's attendance won't be that much of a problem. It also happened to be our monthsary, hahah! We'll be 6 years and 4 months by that time. It's not yet official though. We need to book the Church first, I think. We'll gonna do that tomorrow. After that, I can start coordinating with suppliers so they can already block the date. 


I'm glad I am not alone with all of this. It's such a happy journey knowing I got all the support I need from families, friends and of course my boyfriend. Only few people had known it though, well at least for now. There's our parents, my brother and his girlfriend, my boyfriend's family, one close friend and a previous colleague. I don't know when and how am I going to announce the news, but I'm pretty confident it will spread itself out. 


Early stage planning is a hard phase I guess. I'm still a little clueless. My mind is still battling with itself when it comes to deciding what kind of theme I am looking for. It changes every now and then and it's not helping. It also battles with some opinions and suggestions thrown by my (and his) mom. Don't get me wrong, it's not that they're unsolicited, but it just mixes up with my already mixed up judgement. I get it, they're as excited as I am. Well, I don't know if that should please or scare me. 


** 06/18/2011 update: 
Official date will be December 30, 2011. See why.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats..all i know is that planning for a big event is such an awesome experience...so goodluck!

    Your new follower hope you follow back:)

    ReplyDelete